Indian citizens To Work In The Portuguese Republic:
The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of an agreement on the recruitment of Indian citizens to work in the Portuguese Republic between the Government of India and Portugal.
- The present agreement would set an institutional mechanism for partnership and cooperation between India and Portugal on sending and accepting Indian workers.
- Under this agreement, a Joint Committee will be set up to follow up the implementation of the same.
- Signing this agreement with Portugal will add a new destination for Indian migrant workers in an EU member nation, especially in the context of many Indian workers who have returned to India following the Covid-19 pandemic.
- It will provide new opportunities for skilled Indian workers and professionals.
- With the conclusion of this agreement, Portugal and India will have a formal arrangement for recruitment of Indian workers.
- Indian workers would have enhanced job opportunities to work in Portugal.
- The Government-to-Government mechanism proposed in the agreement will ensure that the movement of workers happens smoothly with the maximum support from both sides.