INS Sandhayak : Delivered To Indian Navy
Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) delivered INS Sandhayak to the Indian Navy on the occasion of Navy Day.
- INS Sandhayak is the largest survey vessel ever built in India.
- It is fully designed and built by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE),
- It is the first in the series of four Survey Vessels (Large), or SVLs, being built by GRSE.
- It is the reincarnation of another ship by that name.
- The previous warship, also a survey vessel, was commissioned into the Navy in 1981 and decommissioned in 2021.
- The new INS Sandhayak and the remaining ships in the series are far more advanced than their predecessors.