Jammu And Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2021:
The Rajya Sabha has cleared The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2021 by voice vote on February 8, 2021.
- The bill seeks to replace the ordinance to merge the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) cadre and the Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre of civil services officer.
- This bill was recently introduced in the Upper House of the parliament.
- The bill will also increase the strength of officers in the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Leh.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2021 has been passed in line of the enactment of the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019 in the Jammu & Kashmir after the revocation of Article 370 in the region.
- The act of 2019 had reconstituted the State of Jammu and Kashmir into two union territories namely, the Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, on 31 October 2019.
- It has reconstituted that area of the J&K that has always been a part of the larger region of Kashmir which is the dispute between India, Pakistan, and China
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking