Jammu And Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2021:
The Rajya Sabha has cleared The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2021 by voice vote on February 8, 2021.
- The bill seeks to replace the ordinance to merge the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) cadre and the Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre of civil services officer.
- This bill was recently introduced in the Upper House of the parliament.
- The bill will also increase the strength of officers in the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Leh.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2021 has been passed in line of the enactment of the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019 in the Jammu & Kashmir after the revocation of Article 370 in the region.
- The act of 2019 had reconstituted the State of Jammu and Kashmir into two union territories namely, the Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, on 31 October 2019.
- It has reconstituted that area of the J&K that has always been a part of the larger region of Kashmir which is the dispute between India, Pakistan, and China