Jan Aushadhi Diwas 2023:
On the occasion of ‘5th Jan Aushadhi Diwas’, the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare also inaugurated ‘NaMo Day Care Centre’ and flagged off four NaMo Mobile Healthcare Units.
- The Department of Pharmaceuticals is celebrating Jan Aushadhi Diwas from March 1 to March 7, 2023, to create awareness about the Jan Aushadhi Scheme.
- It is observed to generate awareness about the usage of generic medicines and the benefits of Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana and its salient features and achievements.
- Jan Aushadhi Mitra’ publicize the benefits of Jan Aushadhi Kendras for betterment of the people.
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) was launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India in November, 2008.
- As on 31st January, 2023, the numbers of stores have increased to 9082.
- Under the PMBJP,743 districts out of 764 districts of the country have been covered.
- This scheme ensures easy reach of affordable medicine to the people in every nook and corner of the country.
- The Government has set a target to increase the number of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs) to 10,000 by the end of December,2023.
- Product basket of PMBJP comprises 1,759 drugs and 280 surgical instruments.
- Further, new medicines and nutraceuticals products like protein powder, malt-based food supplements, protein bar, immunity bar, sanitizer, masks, glucometer, oximeter, etc. have been also launched.