Kashi Telugu Sangamam-Ganga Pushkara Aradhana:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently addressed the Kashi Telugu Sangamam-Ganga Pushkara Aradhana held in Varanasi through video conferencing.
- The Prime Minister said, the Kashi Telugu Sangamam is the confluence of India’s ancient civilization, culture and traditions.
- He highlighted the age-old relations between Kashi and Telugu land.
- He also remembered prominent saints of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on the occasion.
- The Prime Minister mentioned Tailang Swami who was born in Vizianagaram but was called the living Shiva of Kashi by Swami Ramakrishna Paramhans.
- The Prime Minister mentioned the Kashi Khandamu Granth by Srinath Mahakavi, the Kashi Yatra character of Engul Viraswamayya and the popular Kashi Majili Kathalu.
- The Prime Minister said, the centuries-old relation between Kashi and Telugu people is the reflection of Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat.
- The 12-day-long Kashi Telugu Sangam began in Varanasi on the 22nd of this month and will go on till the 3rd of May.
- The festival is celebrated every 12 years.