Marrakech Partnership For Global Climate Action:
Marrakech Partnership for Global Climate Action recently launched Yearbook of Global Climate Action 2022.
- This Yearbook of Global Climate Action, the sixth of the series, reviews the state and scope of global climate action in 2022.
- It outlines what is needed to accelerate sectoral systems transformation, features case studies of real-world climate action projects, highlights some key global climate action topics particularly regionalization and accountability and presents the High-Level Champions’ contribution to these issues.
Marrakech Partnership for Global Climate Action:
- The Marrakech Partnership for Global Climate Action supports implementation of the Paris Agreement by enabling collaboration between governments and the cities, regions, businesses and investors that must act on climate change.
- It was launched in November 2016 at COP 22.
- Its main objective is to strengthen collaboration between governments and key stakeholders to immediately lower emissions and increase resilience against climate impacts.
- These actions will be guided by the long-term goals of the Paris Agreement and undertaken in the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.