MH-60R Multi Role Helicopters (MRH):
Indian Navy accepted the first two of its MH-60R Multi Role Helicopters (MRH) from US Navy in a ceremony held at Naval Air Station North Island, San Diego on 16 Jul 21. The ceremony marked the formal transfer of these helicopters from US Navy to Indian Navy.
- MH-60R helicopters manufactured by Lockheed Martin Corporation, USA is an all-weather helicopter designed to support multiple missions with state of the art avionics/ sensors.
- 24 of these helicopters are being procured under Foreign Military Sales from the US Government.
- The helicopters would also be modified with several India Unique Equipment and weapons.
- The induction of these MRH would further enhance Indian Navy’s three dimensional capabilities.
- In order to exploit these potent helicopters, the first batch of Indian crew is presently undergoing training in USA.