Milan 24 Exercise:
The Mid Planning Conference (MPC) of MILAN 24 Exercise is to be hosted by the Indian Navy at Visakhapatnam from 19 – 27 February 2024.
- Milan Exercise is a biennial multilateral naval exercise.
- It was incepted by the Indian Navy in 1995.
- Originally conceived in consonance with India’s ‘Look East Policy, MILAN expanded in ensuing years with the Government of India’s ‘Act East Policy’ and Security And Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR) initiative to include participation from other Friendly Foreign Countries (FFCs).
- The harbour phase of MILAN 24 will comprise an International Maritime Seminar, City Parade at RK Beach, Swavlamban Exhibition, Subject Matter Expert Exchange, and Milan of Young Officers. Ships, Maritime patrol aircraft, and submarines of Friendly Foreign Countries would participate in the sea phase along with Indian Navy units.
- They will involve large-force manoeuvres, advanced air defence operations, Anti-submarine warfare, and Anti-surface warfare operations.