Monument Mitra Scheme : Monuments Under The Private Sector
The government will hand over around 1,000 monuments to the private sector for their upkeep under the Monument Mitra Scheme.
- Monument Mitra Scheme / Adopt A Heritage Scheme was started a few years back under the Ministry of Tourism.
- It is now transferred to the Ministry of Culture in respect of the monuments under the Archaeological Survey of India, the ASI.
- Applies to all Centrally protected heritage properties.
- It Aims at ensuring quality & inclusive provision of amenities and facilities across heritage, natural, & tourist sites through the active participation of private and public sector organizations and individuals.
- These organizations would be known as “Monument Mitras” for their collaboration initiative.