Munich Security Conference In Germany:
External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar held a series of one-to-one meetings with Ministers from Europe, Asia and other parts of the world on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference in Germany.
- The Munich Security Conference is an annual conference on international security policy that has been held in Munich, Bavaria, Germany since 1963.
- Over the past four decades the Munich Security Conference has become the most important independent forum for the exchange of views by international security policy decision-makers.
- Each year it brings together about 350 senior figures from more than 70 countries around the world to engage in an intensive debate on current and future security challenges.
- The list of attendees includes heads of states, governments and international organizations, ministers, members of parliament, high-ranking representatives of armed forces, science, civil society, as well as business and media.
- The conference is held annually in February.
- The venue is the Hotel Bayerischer Hof in Munich, Bavaria, Germany.