National Conference On Tourist Police Scheme:
Union Ministry of Tourism in co-ordination with Ministry of Home Affairs and the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) is organising the national conference of director generals/inspector generals of police department of all states and Union territories “in connection with implementation of uniform Tourist Police Scheme at pan India level.
- The agenda of the Conference is implementation of uniform Tourist Police Scheme at pan-India level for developing the tourist specific policing.
- It also aim to provide safer ecosystem to the foreign and domestic tourists in and around tourist destinations.
Tourist Police Scheme:
- Under the scheme, a pool of trained policemen would be made available to render policing service to the tourists and would control the crimes at the places of tourist interest.
- The rules of the district police of the concerned state shall be applicable to the Tourist Police, unless the contrary appears from the content or from rules in this scheme.
- Tourist Police Station will work under the jurisdiction of district police (Superintendent of Police) for all policing purpose.