National Science Day:
National Science Day was celebrated on February 28, 2022.
- The day is celebrated every year on 28th February to commemorate the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’.
- On this day, Indian Physicist Sir C.V. Raman announced the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’ for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930.
- In 1986, Government of India designated 28 February as National Science Day. The day is aimed at spreading the message of importance of science and its application in human life.
- This year the theme of the National Science Day is- Integrated Approach in Science and Technology for Sustainable Future.
- On the occasion, National Science Communication Awards to this year’s awardees, and prizes to the winners of various contests held as part of the Mahotsav would be presented.