National Single Window System:
Jammu & Kashmir became the first Union Territory to be onboard the National Single Window System (NSWS).
- This marks a major leap in Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) in the Union Territory.
- NSWS is linked with India Industrial Land Bank (IILB) which hosts 45 industrial parks of J&K. This will help Investors to discover available land parcels in J&K.
- National Single Window System is The platform was soft launched in September 2021 by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It is a one-stop digital platform that aims at allowing investors to apply for various pre-operations approvals required for commencing a business in the country.
- It makes the business registration process easier, allowing the beneficiary to get significant approvals online, without having to run to the government offices for approvals and can avail themselves of services with just a click.
- It would become a “one stop shop” for state and Central government compliances and bring transparency, accountability and responsiveness in the ecosystem.
- It will also offer a Know Your Approvals service to inform businesses of the details of all the approvals they need to obtain as well as a common registration form, document repository and e-communication module.
- It will provide strength to other schemes e.g. Make in India, Startup India, PLI scheme etc.