New India Literacy Programme:
Government approved a new scheme “New India Literacy Programme for the period FYs 2022-2027 to cover all the aspects of Adult Education to align with National Education Policy 2020 and Budget Announcements 2021-22.
- School will be Unit for implementation of the scheme.
- Schools to be used for conducting survey of beneficiaries and Voluntary Teachers (VTs).
- Foundational Literacy and Numeracy will be imparted through Critical Life Skills to all non-literates in the age group of 15 years and above.
- Performance Grading Index (PGI) for State/UT and district level will show the performance of States and UTs to implement the scheme and achievements on yearly basis by weighing both the physical and financial progress through UDISE portal.
- From now onwards the term “Education For All” will be used in place of “Adult Education” by the Ministry as the terminology “Adult Education” is not incorporating appropriately all non-literates of 15 years and above age group.