Operation Nanhe Faristey:
Under Operation ‘Nanhe Faristey’, the Railway Protection Force (RPF) plays an important role in reuniting the children lost/separated due to several reasons from their family.
- It was launched on Indian Railways, and under this drive, Children in need of care & protection who came into contact with Indian Railways were rescued and handed over to concerned authorities before being restored to their families.
- In 2003, the RPF partially took up the duties of escorting passenger trains and access control at the railway stations”.
- RPF is led by a director-general.
- It is an armed force under the operational and administrative control of the Union Ministry of Railways.
- It is tasked with protecting and securing railway property, the passenger areas, and the passengers themselves.