PLI Scheme For White Goods:
An official statement said that applications of certain companies for claiming incentives under the Production-linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for white goods (Air Conditioners and LED Lights) are under examination and there is no delay in disbursement.
- PLI scheme for White Goods is designed to create a complete component ecosystem for the Air Conditioners and LED Lights industry in India and make India an integral part of the global supply chains.
- The scheme was notified by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in 2021.
- The scheme will be implemented as a pan-India scheme and is not specific to any location, area or segment of population.
- It proposes a financial incentive to boost domestic manufacturing and attract large investments in the White Goods manufacturing value chain.
- Its prime objectives include removing sectoral disabilities, creating economies of scale, enhancing exports, and creating a robust component ecosystem and employment generation.