During 2020-21 to 2022-23, a total of 107,156 beneficiaries have been trained under the PM-DAKSH Yojana.
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshata Aur Kushalata Sampanna Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana is a Central Sector Scheme.
- It was launched during 2020-21.
- The main objective of the Scheme is to enhance the competency level of the target groups to make them employable both in self-employment and wage-employment for their socio-economic development.
- It is a National Action Plan for skilling marginalised persons covering SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, Sanitation workers and waste pickers.
- Target Group:
- Artisans- who may be able to improve their revenue generation capacities within their practising vocations;
- Women- who may be able to enter into self-employment and financially empower themselves without neglecting their domestic activities and
- Youth- who may acquire long-term training and specialisation in employable vocations and gain a better standing in the job market.
- The age criterion of the scheme is between 18-45 years, and the income criteria are no income limit for SCs, SafaiKaramcharis, including waste pickers and DNT.
- The annual family income should be below Rs.3 lakh for OBCs, and the EBCs (Economically Backward Classes) annual family income should be below Rs.1 lakh.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJ&E).