PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY):
Recently, the 2nd anniversary of PMMSY has been celebrated
- Launched in 2020
- Aim: To bring about a blue revolution through sustainable and responsible development of the fisheries sector in India.
- Ministry: Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying
- Timeline: FY 2020 to 2025
- Enhance fish production by an additional 70 lakh tonnes by 2024-25.
- Increase fisheries export earnings to Rs.1,00,000 crore by 2024-25.
- Double incomes of fishers and fish farmers.
- Reduce post-harvest losses from 20-25% to about 10%.
- Generate additional 55 lakhs of direct and indirect gainful employment opportunities in the fisheries sector and allied activities.