Pradhan Mantri Janjati Adivasi Nyaya Maha Abhiyan:
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister of India approved Pradhan Mantri Janjati Adivasi Nyaya Maha Abhiyan (PM JANMAN) with a total outlay of Rs. 24,104 crores.
- The PM-JANMAN (comprising Central Sector and Centrally Sponsored Schemes) to focus on 11 critical interventions through nine ministries, including the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- The scheme aims to provide crucial interventions such as permanent housing, road connectivity, piped water supply, mobile medical units, hostel construction, ‘Anganwadi’ facilities, skill development centres,
- Other than the 11 critical interventions, the following interventions of other Ministries will be part of Mission:
- Ministry of Ayush will set up Ayush Wellness Centre as per existing norms, and Ayush facilities will be extended to PVTG habitations through Mobile Medical Units.
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship will facilitate skill and vocational training in PVTG habitations, multipurpose centres and hostels as per the suitable skills of these communities.