Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana : God Bharai Ceremony
The Prime Minister of India has lauded the new initiative of celebrating ‘Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana’ as ‘God Bharai’ ceremony in Dausa, Rajasthan.
- PM Matru Vandana Yojana is a Centrally Sponsored Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme launched in 2017.
- Objectives is providing partial compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentive, so that the woman can take adequate rest before and after delivery of the first child and to improve health-seeking behaviour amongst Pregnant Women & Lactating Mothers (PW&LM).
- The scheme is to provide maternity benefits to women belonging to socially and economically disadvantaged sections of society.
- The maternity benefit is to be provided to a woman for the first two living children provided the second child is a girl
- Under this scheme monetary benefit of Rs. 5,000 is given to the expecting mothers from the time of the initial stage of pregnancy to till the time the child is born.
- Additionally, Rs. 1,000 is provided under the Janani Suraksha Yojana post-institutional delivery.
- The Rs. 5,000 is provided in three installments.
- The first installment of Rs. 1,000 is paid at the time of registration of the pregnancy.
- The second installment of Rs. 2,000 is paid at the time of completing 6 months of pregnancy and receiving at least one antenatal checkup.
- The third installment of Rs. 2,000 is received after the birth and registration of birth of such child and after such child receives the first cycle of immunization for BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis-B.