Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently released the eighth instalment of Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Under the Scheme, the Government of India transfers Rs 6,000 to the account of small and marginal farmers.
- These funds are transferred in three instalments. The first instalment of Rs 2,000 is made between April and June.
- The second Instalment is made between August and November. The third instalment is made between December and March.
- The scheme was begun in 2018.
- The scheme provides financial support to farmers who hold land ownership up to two hectares.
- Since its inception, the government has provided Rs 75,000 crores.
- It aims to cover 125 million farmers irrespective of their land size.