Prime Minister’s Development Initiative For North East Region (PM-DevINE):
The Union Cabinet approved a new Scheme, Prime Minister’s Development Initiative for North East Region (PM-DevINE).
- PM-DevINE was announced in the Union Budget 2022-23 to address development gaps in the North Eastern Region (NER).
- It is a Central Sector Scheme with 100% Central funding.
- The new scheme, to be implemented during the remaining four years of the 15th Finance Commission from 2022-23 to 2025-26 have an outlay of Rs.6,600 crore.
- The PM-DevINE is in addition to the quantum of resources available for the development of the NE region. It will not be a substitute for existing central and state schemes.
- The scheme will be implemented by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region through North Eastern Council or Central Ministries/ agencies.
- Fund infrastructure convergently, in the spirit of PM Gati Shakti
- Support social development projects based on felt needs of the NER
- Enable livelihood activities for youth and women
- Fill the development gaps in various sectors