Revised Guidelines For MPLADS:
Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) released the Revised Guidelines on Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS)-2023
- The new guidelines broaden the scope of the Scheme so as to enable the parliamentarian to recommend works as per the changing needs of the community
- Entire process of fund flow under the revised guidelines will operate through the web portal
- This will facilitate real-time monitoring, greater transparency and accountability in the system, and improved efficiency and effectiveness of the MPLAD Scheme.
- Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme is a scheme formulated by Government of India on 23 December 1993 that enables the members of parliaments to recommend developmental work in their constituencies with an emphasis on creating durable community assets based on locally felt needs. Wikipedia
- Launch year: 1993 by prime minister P. V. Narasimha Rao
- Ministry: Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation