Rozgar Melas events are being held across the country recently.
- New appointees are inducted into various Central Ministries/ Departments/ Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSUs)/ Autonomous Bodies including Health and education Institutes, Public Sector Banks etc.
- Filling up vacant posts in various Ministries/Departments is a continuous process. All vacant posts are being filled in a Mission Mode.
- 1st Edition of National Rozgar Mela: October 22, 2022
- Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- Objective is to give impetus to the employment initiatives in the country, the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India has been organizing Rozgar Melas across the nation to provide suitable job opportunities in the private sector to the unemployed youth.
- A Rozgar Mela is a 1/2-day event where several employers and job seekers come together for the purpose of applying and interviewing for jobs.
- These Rozgar Melas generally cater to the youth in the age group of 18-35 Years with an academic qualification covering 8th/10th/12th Pass, ITI, Diploma, Graduates etc. including the trained and certified candidates conforming to National Skills Qualifications Framework.
- The jobseekers for the Rozgar Mela are sensitized & mobilized through various channels including Print Advertisement, Bulk SMS, Social Media & workshops at the College and university Level in & around the districts of the Rozgar Mela.
- Under the Rozgar Mela Scheme, 10 lakh jobs will be available for candidates to apply in Group A and B Gazetted Posts, Group B Non-Gazetted and Group C Non-Gazetted posts.