The Prime Minister is set to inaugurate a unique week-long initiative, ‘Sankalp Saptaah,’ at Bharat Mandapam, New Delhi.
- Sankalp Saptah is linked to the effective implementation of the Aspirational Blocks Programme (ABP).
- To implement the ABP and prepare an effective block development strategy, “chintan shivirs (brainstorming sessions)” were organized at village and block levels across the country.
- The Sankalp Saptah is the culmination of these chintan shivirs.
- Sankalp Saptah will be observed in all 500 aspirational blocks.
- Each day in Sankalp Saptah will be dedicated to a specific development theme on which all aspirational blocks will work.
- The themes for the first six days are “Sampoorna Swasthya”, “Suposhit Parivar”, “Swachhta”, “Krishi”, “Shiksha”, and “Samridhi Diwas”.
- The last day of the week will be a celebration of the work conducted during the entire week, as “Sankalp Saptah – Samavesh Samaroh”.
- The inaugural programme will witness the participation of about 3,000 panchayat and block-level people’s representatives and functionaries from across the country at the Bharat Mandapam.