Section 142 Of The Social Security Code, 2020:
Section 142 of the Social Security Code, 2020 has been notified by the Ministry of Labour & Employment covering the applicability of Aaadhar.
- The notification of the section will enable the Ministry of Labour and Employment to collect Aaadhar details for the database of beneficiaries under various social security schemes.
- National Data Base for unorganised workers (NDUW) is at an advanced stage of development by National Informatics Centre.
- The portal is aimed at the collection of data for unorganised workers including migrant workers for the purpose of giving benefits to the various schemes of the Government.
- An inter-state migrant worker can register himself on the portal on the basis of submission of Aaadhar alone.
- Union Minister of State (I/c) for Labour and Employment Shri Santosh Gangwar has clarified that the section under the Social Security Code has been notified only for the collection of data of workers including migrant workers. No benefit will be denied to workers for want of Aaadhar.