Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO):
The Union Cabinet was apprised about the Agreement signed among the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) member states on cooperation in the field of youth work among the authorized bodies of the member states of SCO.
- Following adoption of the agreement on cooperation in youth work by the member states in 2021, the agreement was signed by the Indian Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports.
Key Highlights of the Agreement:
- To strengthen mutual trust, friendly relations and cooperation among young people of SCO member States.
- Recognizing the importance of ensuring the development of youth cooperation as an element of deepening friendly relations among the SCO Member States.
- Seeking to further improve the conditions for youth cooperation based on international experience.
- Strengthen cooperation in the field of work with youth and public youth organizations (associations) implementing state youth policy,
- Support initiatives aimed at enhancing international youth cooperation,
- Training of professional staff in the sphere of work with youth,
- Exchange of scientific, reference and methodological materials, work experience of state bodies, youth public organizations, other organizations and associations involved in the implementation of state youth policy and support of youth initiatives,
- Carrying out joint research and activities on various youth policy issues and youth cooperation,
- Exchange of scientific publications, research works on topical issues of preventing youth involvement in destructive structures,
- Promote joint economic and humanitarian initiatives aimed at engaging youth in entrepreneurship and innovative projects to increase their employment and well-being,
- Supporting the activities of the SCO Youth Council.
- The SCO Youth Council was created in 2009 at the initiative of the Youth Organizations of the SCO member states.