Shri Ram Nath Kovind Visit To Saint Vincent And The Grenadines:
After completing the state visit to Jamaica, President Ram Nath Kovind arrived in Kingstown, the capital city of Saint Vincent and Grenadines.
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is an island country in the Caribbean.
- It is located in the southeast Windward Islands of the Lesser Antilles. Kingstown is the capital and main port.
- This first-ever Head of State visit to Saint Vincent and Grenadines shows India’s commitment to work with Small Island developing countries.
- Apart from signing of MoUs, President Kovind will address the Parliament of Saint Vincent and Grenadines.
- Vincent & Grenadines and India enjoy cordial relations and interact actively in various international forums including the United Nations and Commonwealth
- Persons of Indian Origins had come to the island nation in the 19th century as indentured labourers.
- The descendants of those persons now form an important part of the local community.