Smart India Hackathon 2023:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will interact with the participants of the Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon 2023 through video conferencing on 19th Dec,2023.
- Mr Modi will also address the participants on the occasion.
- Smart India Hackathon 2023 is to inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mindset of problem-solving.
- Smart India Hackathon is a nationwide initiative to provide students with a platform to solve some of the pressing problems we face in our daily lives.
- It is an initiative by the Ministry of Education, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Persistent Systems and Inter-Institutional Inclusive Innovation Centre (i4C).
- SIH has been conducted every year since 2017 in two formats, SIH Software and SIH Hardware Editions for higher education students.
- The first four editions SIH2017, SIH2018, SIH2019, SIH2020 and SIH2022 proved to be extremely successful in promoting innovative out-of-the-box thinking in young minds, especially engineering students from across India.
- The Grand Finale of the Smart India Hackathon 2023 is being held from the 19th to the 23rd December 2023.
- This year, more than 50 thousand ideas were received from 44 thousand teams, which is almost a sevenfold increase compared to the first edition of the Smart India Hackathon.
- Over 12 thousand participants and more than two thousand 500 mentors will take part in the grand finale, scheduled to be held at 48 nodal centres across the country.
- A total one thousand 282 teams have been shortlisted this year for the grand finale to provide solutions on various themes including Space Technology, Smart Education, Disaster Management, Robotics and Drones, Heritage and Culture and others.