Star Rating Registration Process For Coal Mines:
The Ministry of Coal has announced the commencement of the Star Rating Registration process of Coal and Lignite Mines for the financial year 2022-23.
- The Star Rating policy aims to evaluate mines based on various factors across seven key parameters namely,
- Mining Operations,
- Environment-related parameters,
- Adoption of Technologies,
- Best Mining Practices,
- Economic performance,
- Rehabilitation & Resettlement,
- Worker-related Compliance and Safety & security.
- Participating mines will undergo a self-evaluation process, and the top 10% performing mines will be further validated through inspections conducted by a committee.
- While the remaining 90% of the mines will undergo an online review process, all participants can contribute to the evaluation by reviewing other mines.
- The evaluation will be conducted by the Coal Controller’s Organization.
- The ratings awarded range from Five Star to NO Star, comprehensively evaluating each mine’s achievements.
- It aims to foster competitiveness among mines and recognize their outstanding performance based on compliance of statutory provisions, adoption of advanced mining technology and economic achievements.