Support To Students For Participating In Competitions Abroad (SSPCA) Initiative:
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) recently introduced a scheme named ‘Support to Students for Participating in Competitions Abroad’ (SSPCA).
- Support to Students for Participating in Competitions Abroad (SSPCA) is an initiative of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) aimed at bolstering the global competitiveness of Indian students in technical education.
- It is designed to financially support students aspiring to compete in international scientific events.
- Under the SSPCA scheme, individual students or student teams are eligible to receive travel grants to partake in international competitions.
- The assistance encompasses financial aid, mentorship, logistical support, and networking opportunities, enabling students to represent India on a global platform effectively.
- Financial aid provided by the AICTE scheme reaches up to Rs 2 lakh per student, covering various expenses like international and domestic travel, registration fees, visa applications, accommodation, airport taxes, travel insurance, and equipment costs related to the competition.
- Eligibility extends to students enrolled in diploma, B.E./B. Tech, integrated M. Tech, and M./M. Tech programs in AICTE-approved institutions.
- Each team of students is eligible for financial support under the scheme once during their course of study.