SWAMIH Fund : Report
Since its inception in 2019, the SWAMIH Fund has completed over 20,557 homes
- The Special Window for Affordable and Mid-Income Housing (SWAMIH) Investment Fund is India’s largest social impact fund specifically formed for completing stressed and stalled residential projects.
- The Fund is sponsored by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, and is managed by SBICAP Ventures Ltd., a State Bank Group company.
- The Fund has no precedent or comparable peer fund in India or the global markets.
- It is a Category-II AIF (Alternate Investment Fund)debt fund registered with SEBI
- Since the Fund considers first-time developers, established developers with troubled projects, developers with a poor track record of stalled projects, customer complaints and NPA accounts, and even projects where there are litigation issues, it is considered as the lender of last resort for distressed projects.