Udupi Station Selected For Redevelopment Under Amrit Bharat Station Scheme:
The Udupi station under the Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. (KRCL) network was recently included in the Railway Ministry’s Amrit Bharat Station Scheme (ABSS) for redevelopment.
- Amrit Bharat Station Scheme (ABSS) is an ongoing Indian Railways mission launched in February 2023 by the Ministry of Railways to redevelop 1,309 stations nationwide.
- The scheme aims to transform railway stations into modern, well-equipped hubs with improved passenger amenities, better traffic circulation, inter-modal integration, and enhanced signage.
- It is based on Master Planning for the long termand the implementation of the elements of the Master Plan as per the needs and patronage of the station.
- The scheme shall cater for the introduction of new amenities as well as the upgradation and replacement of existing amenities.
- The ultimate goal is to transform these stations into vibrant city centres over the long term.