Ungalai Thedi, Ungal Ooril’ Scheme : Tamil Nadu Government
The government of Tamil Nadu has introduced guidelines for the “Ungalai Thedi, Ungal Ooril” (Come Look For You, In Your Village) outreach program, an initiative spearheaded by Chief Minister M.K. Stalin aimed at strengthening public services and scheme implementation across the state.
- As part of the program, Collectors and senior district officials will spend 24 hours in one taluk (sub-district) every month to inspect infrastructure, review project functioning, and collect public feedback.
- The first visits will occur this Wednesday.
- Teams will split up to cover as many sites as possible within the taluk.
- Collectors have received instructions to map out annual calendars guaranteeing that all taluks receive monitoring visits.
- Additionally, districts must heavily publicize visits so citizens can fully utilize officials’ temporary presence.