Unnati Foundation : First Entity To List On The Social Stock Exchanges
The Unnati Foundation became the first entity to list on the social stock exchanges (SSE).
- Social Stock Exchange functions as a separate segment within the existing stock exchange and help social enterprises raise funds from the public through its mechanism.
- It would serve as a medium for enterprises to seek finance for their social initiatives, acquire visibility and provide increased transparency about fund mobilisation and utilisation.
- Retail investors can only invest in securities offered by for-profit Social Enterprises(SEs) under the main Board.
- In all other cases, only institutional investors and non-institutional investors can invest in securities issued by SEs.
- Any social enterprise, Non-Profit Organisation (NOPs) or For-Profit Social Enterprises (FPEs), that establishes its primacy of social intent can get registered or listed on the Social Stock Exchange segment.