Vibrant Village Programme : Launched On China border In Arunachal Pradesh
Union home Minister launches vibrant villages program on China border in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Vibrant Village Programme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme implemented over financial Years 2022-23 to 2025-26.
- The programmme will provide funds for development of essential infrastructure and creation of livelihood opportunities in 19 Districts and 46 Border blocks of 4 states and 1 UT along the northern land border of the country – Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and UT of Ladakh.
- The programmme will help in improving the quality of life of people living in identified border villages and encourage people to stay in their native locations thereby reversing the outmigration from these villages and adding to security of the border.
- Road connectivity, drinking water, electricity including solar and wind energy, mobile and internet connectivity and healthcare infrastructure and wellness centers etc is the focus area.
- Vibrant Village Action Plans will be created by the district administration with the help of Gram Panchayats and 100 % saturation of Central and state schemes will be ensured.