What Is SAMARTH Initiative?
On the occasion of International Women’s Day 2022, the Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), launched a Special Entrepreneurship Promotion Drive for Women -“SAMARTH” .
- Under the Samarth initiative of the Ministry, following benefits will be available to aspiring and existing women entrepreneurs:
- 20% Seats in free Skill Development Programs organised under skill development schemes of the Ministry will be allocated for Women.
- 20% of MSME Business Delegations sent to domestic & international exhibitions under the schemes for Marketing Assistance implemented by the Ministry will be dedicated to women owned MSMEs.
- 20% Discount on annual processing fee on National Small Industries Corporation’s (NSIC) Commercial Schemes.
- NSIC is a Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of MSME.
- Special Drive for registration of women-owned MSMEs under Udyam Registration.
- Through this initiative, the Ministry of MSME is focusing on providing Skill Development and Market Development Assistance to women.
- More than 7500 women candidates from rural and sub- urban areas will be trained in the FY 2022-23.
- Besides, thousands of women will be getting marketing opportunities to showcase their products in domestic and international exhibitions.
- Also, to enhance the participation of women entrepreneurs in Public Procurement, a special discount of 20% shall also be offered on annual processing fee on NSIC’s following commercial schemes during the year 2022-23:
- Single Point Registration Scheme
- Raw Material Assistance and Bill Discounting
- Tender Marketing
- B2B Portal msmemart.com