World Radio Day:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has greeted all radio listeners and those who enrich this outstanding medium with their talent as well as creativity on World Radio Day.
- World Radio Day is an international day celebrated on 13 February each year.
- The Day was decided by UNESCO on 3 November 2011 during its 36th conference and adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012 as an International Day
- The theme of the 2022 edition of World Radio Day is devoted to “Radio and Trust”.
- On the occasion of World Radio Day 2022, UNESCO calls on radio stations to celebrate the Day through three sub-themes:
- Trust in radio journalism: Produce independent and high-quality content;
- Trust and accessibility: Take care of your audience;
- Trust and viability of radio stations: Ensure competitiveness.