Today’s Current Affairs: 10th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
YES Bank Becomes The First Lender To Offer ‘ONDC Network Gift Card:
- YES Bank, in collaboration with ONDC, has launched the ONDC Network Gift Card, enabling customers to purchase products from any brand and seller across a diverse range of segments
Indian Navy & SBI join hands to launch Nav-eCash’ card:
- To support the Indian government’s Digital India initiative, the State Bank of India (SBI) introduced a new card called NAV-eCash on the Indian Navy’s aircraft carrier, INS Vikramaditya.
Swavalamban 2023: 2nd edition of Indian Navy’s NIIO Seminar
- Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence(MoD), launched Swavalamban 2023 (Swavalamban 2.0), the 2nd edition of the Indian Navy’s Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO) seminar, in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The 2-day seminar was held from 4th to 5th October 2023.
Ministry of Culture Organizes Curtain Raiser and logo launch event for IAADB:
- The Ministry of Culture organised curtain raiser event for the inaugural India Art Architecture Design Biennale (IAADB 2023) at the National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi, Delhi.
- The logo of the biennale was also launched during the event.
- The IAADB 2023 is set to be held in from 9th to 15th December 2023, at Red Fort, with events scheduled in Delhi, Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Bengaluru (Karnataka).
North America’s First Gandhi Museum Opens in Houston:
- The Eternal Gandhi Museum Houston(EGMH), North America’s first Gandhi Museum opened in Houston, Texas, United States of America (USA).
Nobel Peace Prize 2023:
- Nobel Peace Prize 2023 was awarded to 51-year-old Narges Mohammadi from Iran “for her fight against the oppression of women in Iran and her fight to promote human rights and freedom for all”.
ACC appointed 12 Executive Directors for various PSBs:
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), in its meeting, has approved the appointments of 12 Chief General Managers (CGMs) and General Managers (GMs) by elevating them as Executive Directors (EDs) of various Public Sector Banks (PSBs).
RBI Constitutes Working Group on ECL Framework:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has constituted a 9 member external Working Group chaired by Prof. R. Narayanaswamy to suggest Expected Credit Loss (ECL) framework for provisioning by banks.
- R Narayanaswamy is a retired Indian accountant and former Professor of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Amazon Launched First Test Satellites for Project Kuiper Satellite System:
- Amazon.com, Inc.(AMZN.O) has launched the first two prototype satellites KuiperSat-1 and KuiperSat-2 to low Earth orbit (LEO) at the height of 500 kilometers (11 miles) as part of “Protoflight” mission of Project Kuiper.
- The satellite was launched by United Launch Alliance’s (ULA) Atlas V rocket from Space Launch Complex-41 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida, United States of America (USA).
KCP Delivers Integrated AirDrop Test – Crew Module Structure to ISRO for Gaganyaan Mission:
- The Chennai-based KCP Heavy Engineering (KCP HE) hands over the first Integrated Air Drop Test -Crew Module (IADT-CM) structure to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for the purpose of assessing technology readiness for the Gaganyaan spacecraft.
Ayush Shetty Wins Bronze Medal in BWF World Junior Championships 2023:
- India’s Ayush Shetty won the bronze medal in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Junior Championships 2023 held from 25th September to 8th October 2023 in Spokane, United States of America (USA).
World Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day 2023:
- World Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day (H2FC Day) is annually observed on October 8 to recognise the importance of the chemical element, Hydrogen, and its role in the transition towards a cleaner and more equitable energy future.
- The day aimed at promoting awareness and understanding of hydrogen as a clean and sustainable energy source, along with the versatile technology of fuel cells.
Indian Air Force(IAF) Day 2023:
- Indian Air Force(IAF) Day is annually observed across India on October 8 to commemorate the establishment of the Indian Air Force (IAF) in 1932.
- 8th October 2023 marks the celebration of the 91st Anniversary of the Indian Air Force.
- The Indian Air Force is also known as Bharatiya Vayu Sena.
World Post Day 2023:
- The United Nations (UN) World Post Day is annually observed across the globe on 9 October to mark the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union’s (UPU) in 1874 in Bern, Switzerland.