Today’s Current Affairs: 13th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
India, China’s 20th Ladakh Military Meeting:
- India and China recently concluded their 20th corps commander-level meeting, engaging in a series of diplomatic discussions to address persisting issues along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.
18th Anniversary of Enactment of the RTI Act:
- The Central Information Commission (CIC) held an event to commemorate the 18th anniversary of the enactment of the RTI Act. The event was attended by all the Information Commissioners, the Secretary, and other officials and staff.
- During the gathering, the Information Commissioners reflected on the Commission’s achievements as a crucial entity in the RTI regime
Kaushal Deekshant Samaroh:
- Skill India organized a “Kaushal Convocation” with the aim of promoting skill-based education and recognizing and honoring candidates who have completed their training under various Skill India programs.
- India has started “Operation Ajay,” a special plan to help its citizens return safely from Israel.
- The Indian Embassy in Israel has begun reaching out to registered Indian citizens, starting with the first group set to return
9th G20 Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit:
- India Hosts 9th G20 Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit on 13 October.
- The 9th P20 Summit will navigate a series of thematic sessions, aimed at addressing global challenges and advancing sustainable solutions
India’s Natural Gas Demand to rise 4% in 2023:
- The International Energy Agency (IEA) released its ‘Gas 2023 Medium-Term Market Report‘.
- As per it, India’s natural gas demand is expected to rise by 4% in 2023 calendar year and will continue to increase at an average annual rate of about 8% till 2026.
DAHD Launched ‘A-HELP’ Programme to Empower Women and Signed MoU with NRLM at Jharkhand:
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DAHD) under the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying(MoFAHD) launched the ‘A-HELP’ (Accredited Agent for Health and Extension of Livestock Production) program in Jharkhand.
Unemployment rate at 6-year low of 3.2% in 2022-23:
- The National Sample Survey Office (NSSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) released the 6th Annual Report ‘Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) (July, 2022 – June, 2023)stating Unemployment rate (UR) at 6-year low of 3.2% in 2022-23 under the Usual Status
- It was 6% in 2017-18
Skyroot Signs Two MoUs with French Space Firms to Launch Satellites:
- Skyroot inks two MOUs with French Space FirmsSkyroot Aerospace Private Limited, a Hyderabad (Telangana) -based space startup, has signed two memoranda of understanding (MoUs) with two France-based Space firms Promethee Earth Intelligence and ConnectSAT.
- The satellites of the French space firms are set to be launched on Vikram-I of the Skyroot.
HDFC AMC’s Navneet Munot elected as Chairman of AMFI:
- Navneet Munot, Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of HDFC Asset Management Co. Ltd (AMC), has been elected as the Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
- He will take charge as chairman on 16th October 2023, succeeding A Balasubramanian, MD & CEO of Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management Co. Ltd.
Kumar Sangakkara Appointed as New Chair of MCC’s World Cricket Committee:
- The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) has appointed former Sri Lankan Cricket Captain Kumar Chokshanada Sangakkara as the new Chair of MCC’s World Cricket Committee(WCC).
Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar Resigned as Director of Pune District Central Cooperative Bank:
- Ajit Pawar, Deputy Chief Minister (Dy CM) of Maharashtra, has resigned as a Director of the Pune District Central Cooperative Bank Ltd (PDCC) citing increase in workload after becoming Dy CM of Maharashtra.
SBIFML Fund Gets RBI Approval to Acquire Upto 9.99% Stake in IndusInd Bank:
- SBI Funds Management Limited (SBIFML) has received the Reserve Bank of India(RBI)‘s approval to acquire up to a 9.99% paid-up share capital in IndusInd Bank Limited.
CCI Approved Acquisitions Involving Hitachi Astemo Ltd:
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the following acquisition involving Hitachi Astemo Limited(HAL), a Japanese public limited company that manufactures auto parts for automobiles and two-wheeled motor vehicles in India.
- HAL was formed in 2021 by the merger of four Hitachi Automotive companies.
Sanskrit Scholar & Padma Shri Awardee Dahyabhai Karunashankar Shastri Passed Away:
- Padma Shri Awardee Dr. Dahyabhai Karunashankar Shastri, a renowned Indian Sanskrit scholar and founder of Brahmarshi Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, Nadiad(Gujarat) , has passed away at the age of 98 in Nadiad, Gujarat.
- He was born on 26 February 1926 in Mehsana, Gujarat.
First National Current Good Manufacturing Practices Day :
- The inaugural National Current Good Manufacturing Practices(cGMP) Day was celebrated across India on 10th October 2023.
- The day aims to create awareness about the critical role of cGMP in the pharmaceutical industry, ensuring the quality and safety of medicinal products.
- The theme of National cGMP Day 2023 is “cGMP: Transforming Healthcare”.
World Arthritis Day 2023:
- World Arthritis Day(WAD) is annually observed across the globe on October 12 to raise awareness of Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Diseases (RMDs) and its impact on people lives.
- The day also highlights the importance of early diagnosis and treatment.
- The theme of WAD 2023 is “Living with an RMD at all stages of life”
World Sight Day 2023:
- World Sight Day (WSD) is annually observed across the globe on the second Thursday of October to focus the world’s attention on eye health as a global issue and to recognise the work done by the thousands of ophthalmologists across the world to fix the problem of vision impairment.
- World Sight Day is also known as ‘World Eye Day’ or ‘World Vision Day’.
‘Van Mitra’ scheme :
- The Himachal Pradesh (HP) Cabinet meeting, chaired by Chief Minister (CM) Thakur Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu, approved ‘Van Mitra’ Scheme, a community based forest conservation scheme.