Today’s Current Affairs: 17th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
Wholesale Inflation in India Remains Negative for Sixth Consecutive Month:
- India’s Wholesale Price Index (WPI) remained in the negative zone for the sixth consecutive month in September, standing at -0.26 percent.
- This means that prices for goods at the wholesale level continued to decrease.
India and the UK recently held their first-ever 2+2 foreign affairs and defence dialogue:
- This dialogue signifies a significant step in strengthening the comprehensive strategic partnership between the two countries.
Asian Development Bank Invests $181 Million to Improve Ahmedabad’s Peri-urban Areas:
- The aim is to improve urban living conditions and mobility in these rapidly growing areas.
PM Inaugurates Rs 4200 Crore Worth Of Development Projects In Uttarakhand:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi recently marked a historic day in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand, as he laid the foundation stone and dedicated several development projects worth approximately Rs 4200 crore
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty 2023:
- The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is celebrated annually on October 17th to raise awareness about the global poverty crisis and to promote solutions to the problem.
- The theme for International Day for the Eradication of Poverty 2023, “Decent Work and Social Protection
Bhopal’s Mahila Thana became India’s 1st Women-centric Police Station to get ISO 9001:2015 Certification:
- The Mahila thana (women’s police station) of Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) became the first women-centric police station across the entire India to be certified with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 certificate.
- The ISO certificate is issued for 3 years.
Railway’s IRCON & RITES Becomes 15th & 16th ‘Navratna CPSE’:
- The Department of public Enterprise(DPE) under the Ministry of Finance have been granted Navratna status to two Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) namely Ircon International Limited (IRCON) and RITES Limited (RITES) under the Ministry of Railways(MoR).
Sri Lanka took over as Chair of Indian Ocean Rim Association:
- Sri Lanka took over as Chair of Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) for the period 2023 to 2025 during the 23rd Council of Ministers’ (COM) meeting of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) held in Colombo, Sri Lanka on 11 October 2023.
Army Chief Presents the President’s Colours to 3rd Battalion of Naga Regiment:
- General Manoj Pande, the Chief of Army Staff presented the ‘President’s Colours’(represented by a flag) to the 3rd Battalion of the Naga Regiment during the Colour presentation parade held at Kumaon Regimental Centre, Ranikhet, Uttarakhand.
NavTech’s LiFi for 5G and Rural Connectivity in India:
- By positioning itself as the sole registered entity in India committed to LiFi research, NavTech has solidified its role as a leading authority in the field.
REC Signs MoU with NICSI for ICT and Digital Transformation Services:
- The REC Limited (formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Informatics Centre Services Inc. (NICSI) for various Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and Digital Transformation Services.
India’s Raunak Sadhwani Wins World Junior Rapid Chess Championship 2023 Title:
- India’s GrandMaster(GM) Raunak Sadhwani won the FIDE World Junior Rapid Chess Championship 2023 title in the open category.
- He also secured second place(Silver Medal) in the FIDE World Junior Blitz Championship 2023 in the open category.
World Standards Day 2023 :
- World Standards Day (WSD) also known as International Standards Day is annually observed across the globe on October 14 to educate consumers, policymakers, and businesses about the value of standardisation.
- The theme of World Standards Day 2023 is “Shared Vision for a Better World – Standards for Sustainable Development Goals(SDG)”.
International Day of Rural Women 2023:
- The United Nations (UN) International Day of Rural Women is annually observed across the globe on 15 October to recognise the critical role and contribution of rural women, including indigenous women, in enhancing agricultural and rural development, improving food security, and eradicating rural poverty.
- The theme of International Day of Rural Women 2023 is “Rural Women, Women with Rights”.