APAAR: One Nation, One Student ID
The Union Education Ministry has recently advised all states to implement the Automated Permanent Academic Account Registry (APAAR), also known as the ‘One Nation, One Student ID.
- APAAR stands for the Automated Permanent Academic Account Registry, also known as ‘One Nation, One Student ID.’
- It is an Education Ecosystem Registry or an ‘EduLocker.’
- The National Educational Technology Forum (NETF) under the Ministry of Education initiated the concept to create a comprehensive educational ecosystem registry that includes students, teachers, schools, and colleges.
- APAAR provides each student from pre-primary to higher education with a unique identification number, in addition to the existing Aadhaar ID.
- It aims to streamline and digitize the academic journey and achievements of students, making it easier for them to access their records.