Today’s Current Affairs: 20th Dec 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
International Human Solidarity Day 2023:
- Every December 20, International Human Solidarity Day prompts governments worldwide to reflect on their commitment to international agreements aimed at combating poverty through human solidarity.
- The theme for International Human Solidarity Day 2023 is “Advocate for Change”.
Noma added to WHO list of Neglected Tropical Diseases:
- The World Health Organization (WHO) announced that the gangrenous disease noma has been added to its official list of neglected tropical diseases
IPL Auction 2024::
- Mitchell Starc of Australia emerged as the most expensive player in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL) at the auction in Dubai.
India tops global remittance flows at $125 billion in 2023: World Bank:
- India saw the highest amount of remittance inflows in the world in 2023 at $125 billion, driven by several factors, including the country’s agreement with the UAE, for promoting the use of dirhams and rupees for bilateral trade.
- India was followed by Mexico ($67 billion), China ($50 billion), the Philippines ($40 billion) and Egypt ($24 billion).
NTPC Kanti receives FICCI Water Award 2023 for industrial water use efficiency:
- The award was presented to NTPC Kanti during the inaugural event of the 9th Edition of India Industry Water Conclave held at FICCI Federation House in New Delhi.
Maharashtra bags Women’s and AAI wins Men’s title events in Guwahati:
- In team events of the 75th Inter State-Inter Zonal Badminton Championship 2023, Maharashtra bagged women’s, and the Airport Authority of India (AAI) won the men’s title events in Guwahati today.
- The prestigious national championship organized by the Badminton Association of India is being held in Assam after four years.
RBI directs banks to refrain from investing in any scheme offered by Alternative Investment Funds:
- The Reserve Bank of India has directed all Commercial Banks, Co-operative Banks, and Non-Banking Financial Companies including Housing Finance Companies and Financial Institutions to refrain from investing in any scheme offered by Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs), which has downstream investments either directly or indirectly in the bank’s debtor company.
Aditya Birla Sun Life, IDFC First Bank in pact to collaborate on financial solutions:
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance and IDFC First Bank have entered into a bancassurance partnership to offer insurance solutions to the bank’s customers.
Indian economy to grow 6.3% in FY24 and FY25: IMF
- Indian economy is likely to log 6.3% growth in FY24 and FY25 on the back of macroeconomic and financial stability, according to the International Monetary Fund’s Executive Board.
Tamil Nadu retains ‘achiever’ status in logistics infra rankings of states:
- The state maintained its “achiever” status within the coastal group in the Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) 2023 rankings by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Dalai Lama to open first International Sangha Forum in Bodhgaya:
- Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama will inaugurate the first International Sangha Forum 2023 in Bodhgaya in Bihar, the sacred place where Gautama Buddha attained enlightenment.
Finland awards International Prize to an Afghanistan-based NGO:
- Finland awarded the International Gender Equality Prize for 2023 to an NGO in Afghanistan that works to promote and protect the rights of women in Afghanistan.