Today’s Current Affairs: 24th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Ashok Vaswani is next Kotak Mahindra Bank CEO:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank, one of India’s leading private sector banks, has welcomed Ashok Vaswani as its next Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
RBI Imposes ₹2.5 Crore Penalty On L&T Finance For Non Compliance:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has recently taken regulatory action against L&T Finance Limited by imposing a monetary penalty of ₹2.50 crore (Rupees Two crore Fifty lakh only) on the company.
HDFC Bank Unveils XpressWay Digital Platform for Swift Loans:
- HDFC Bank, a leading financial institution, has introduced its cutting-edge digital platform, XpressWay, to streamline and expedite its banking products and services.
RBL Bank Introduces GO Savings Account:
- RBL Bank, a prominent player in the Indian banking sector, has announced the launch of its cutting-edge digital banking product, the GO Savings Account.
Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2023:
- Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2023 will be celebrated from October 24 to 31, 2023.
- It is an annual event organized by UNESCO to raise awareness of the importance of media and information literacy (MIL) and to celebrate the progress made towards achieving MIL for all.
Anubhav Awards 2023:
- The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW) is set to host the Anubhav Awards 2023 Ceremony in New Delhi.
- This event aims to honor outstanding contributions and achievements through write-ups, with Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh presenting the awards.
UN Disarmament Week 2023:
- UN Disarmament Week 2023 will be celebrated from October 24 to 30, 2023.
- It is an annual event organized by the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA) to raise awareness of the importance of disarmament and to promote the elimination of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction.
United Nations Day (UN Day) 2023:
- United Nations Day (UN Day) is celebrated on October 24 each year to commemorate the anniversary of the entry into force in 1945 of the UN Charter.
7th Edition of the Future Investment Initiative:
- Indian Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Sh. Piyush Goyal, is all set to attend the 7th Edition of the Future Investment Initiative (FII) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
World Development Information Day 2023:
- World Development Information Day is celebrated annually on October 24 to raise awareness of development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them.
- The theme for World Development Information Day 2023 is “Harnessing the Power of Information and Communication Technologies to Build a Better World.”
PM Narendra Modi Launched India’s 1st Regional Rapid Transit System:
- Prime Minister (PM), Narendra Modi inaugurated the 17 Kilometer (Km) priority section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) Corridor at Sahibabad RapidX Station in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- He also flagged off the ‘Namo Bharat’ RapidX train, connecting Sahibabad to Duhai Depot (UP), which marks India’s first
PM Modi Launched 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras in Maharashtra:
- Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi virtually launched the 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras (PMGKVKs) established across 34 rural districts of Maharashtra through video conferencing.
- These PMGKVKs will conduct skill development training programs across various sectors to provide employment opportunities to rural youth.
Indian Navy conducts Security Exercise ‘Prasthan‘ in AP’s Kakinada:
- Exercise Prasthan 2023 was carried out by Commodore Rajneesh Sharma Naval Officer-in-Charge (NOIC), Andhra Pradesh under the aegis of Eastern Naval Command, Indian Navy (IN) in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh (AP).
Google Partners with FACE to Take Down Illegal Loan Apps from Play Store in India:
- Google has partnered with the Fintech Association for Consumer Empowerment (FACE) to take down illegal digital lending apps on Play Store in India.
DFC Offers USD 30 Million to Dalmia Polypro Industries to Set up Greenfield Recycling Facility in Nashik:
- The United States(U.S.) International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) has offered an External Commercial Borrowing (ECB) loan of USD 30 million to the Dalmia Polypro Industries Private Ltd to fund the establishment of greenfield recycling facility in Nashik, Maharashtra.
HDFC Bank Launches ‘XpressWay’ Digital Banking Platform for Banking Products and Services:
- HDFC Bank has developed ‘XpressWay,’ a digital banking platform that offers a range of financial products and services, providing customers with a fast and convenient banking experience.
Gujarat’s Dhordo featured among UNWTO’s Best Tourism Villages 2023:
- Dhordo village in Kutch district of Gujarat, India named in the 3rd edition of Best Tourism Villages 2023 list released by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- While, Madla village from Madhya Pradesh’s Panna district has been picked for the UNWTO’s Best Tourism Villages Upgrade Programme
Nobel Laureate Narges Mohammadi Conferred with Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice 2023:
- Iranian women’s rights campaigner and the 2023 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, will be conferred with the Harmony Foundation’s Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice 2023.
Yard 12706 (Imphal):
- Yard 12706 (Imphal), the third Stealth Destroyer of Project 15B Class Guided Missile Destroyer build at the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) was delivered to the Indian Navy(IN).
- The ship was designed by the Indian Navy’s Warship Design Bureau (WDB).
Kasaragod Becomes 1st District in India to Declare Official Tree, Flower, Bird, Species:
- The Kasaragod district of Kerala became the first district in India to officially designate its official tree, flower, bird and species showcasing its rich biodiversity and natural heritage.
- The Kasaragod district panchayat along with the state Biodiversity Management Committee made the declaration, and seeks its formalization by the Kerala State Biodiversity Board.