FIDE World Junior Rapid Chess Championship 2023:
The Prime Minister recently congratulated Raunak Sadhwani on his victory at the FIDE World Junior Rapid Chess Championship 2023
- The FIDE World Cup, established in 2000 by the International Chess Federation (FIDE), encompasses various iterations.
- The format includes 7 rounds of “mini-matches” with 2 games each, followed by rapid and blitz tiebreaks if needed.
- The final consists of 4 games before tiebreaks.
- The International Chess Federation or World Chess Federation, commonly referred to by FIDE, is an international organization (HQ: Lausanne (Switzerland); Founded 1924) that connects the various national chess federations and acts as the governing body of international chess competition. It was
- FIDE was constituted as a non-governmental institution.
- It is the governing body of the sport of chess and regulates all international chess competitions.
- It was recognized by the International Olympic Committee as a Global Sporting Organization in 1999.
- It has 199 countries as affiliate members (including India), in the form of National Chess Federations