Today’s Current Affairs: 28th Dec 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
International Day of Epidemic Preparedness:
- The United Nations proclaimed on December 7, 2020.
- It would be the International Day of Epidemic Preparedness.
- The first-ever International Day of Epidemic Preparedness was organized on December 27, 2020
- The Indian Navy commissioned its latest stealth-guided missile destroyer Imphal, at the Naval Dockyard, Mumbai.
RBI Releases Draft Licensing Framework for Authorised Persons Under FEMA:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released a draft ‘Licensing Framework for Authorised Persons (APs)’ under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), 1999.
PMKVY Trains 1.4 Crore Candidates, Announces India Skills 2023-24:
- The Government has said that nearly one crore 40 lakh candidates have been trained so far under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) since its launch in 2015.
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship said PMKVY aims to provide avenues for the Indian youth to access short-term skilling opportunities.
ADB sign USD 100 mn loan agreement to improve tourism facilities in Tripura:
- The Union government signed an agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to avail of a USD 100 million loan to improve urban services and tourism facilities in the northeastern state of Tripura.
HDFC Bank board approves re-appointment of Atanu Chakraborty as chairman:
- Private lender HDFC Bank said that its board has recommended the reappointment of Atanu Chakraborty as the part-time non-executive chairman and independent director.
Raghuram Rajan’s new book “Breaking the Mould: Reimagining India’s Economic Future” launched
- Rajan’s latest book, written in collaboration with fellow economist Rohit Lamba, will discuss the future of India’s economic development.
UP to build India’s first AI city in Lucknow:
- Lucknow will be developed as India’s first Artificial Intelligence city.
- The government of Uttar Pradesh has approved the development of Lucknow, the state capital, as an AI city, establishing the “city of nawabs” as the nation’s newest IT hub.
India Skills Report finds Kerala the most preferred State to work:
- Kerala is the most preferred state to work for employable talent in the country, with Kochi being the top choice among Indian cities for female job aspirants, according to the ‘India Skills Report 2024’, released by talent assessment firm Wheebox in partnership with organizations including Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and All India Council for Technical Education.
Ayodhya Railway Station To Be Renamed As Ayodhya Dham:
- The holy city of Ayodhya is gearing up for a major transformation, with the renaming of its iconic railway junction and the inauguration of a brand new airport.
- Ayodhya Junction Transformed into Ayodhya Dham Junction
RBI Approves CS Rajan As The Chairman Of Kotak Mahindra Bank:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has recently given its nod for the appointment of C S Rajan as the part-time Chairman of Kotak Mahindra Bank, marking a significant development for the financial institution
Vice President Unveiled Postal Cover on Justice Reddy’s Centenary:
- India is set to pay a distinctive tribute to one of its legal luminaries, Justice Konda Madhav Reddy, as Vice-President Jagdeep Dhankar prepares to release a special postal cover on December 27th.
PLI Schemes Drew Rs 95,000 Cr Investments By September 2023:
- The production-linked incentive (PLI) schemes introduced by the Indian government have emerged as a key driver for attracting investments and boosting manufacturing across various sectors.
Visva-Bharati Researchers Discover Bacteria Named After Rabindranath Tagore:
- A team of researchers from Visva-Bharati University’s botany department has made a groundbreaking discovery that has the potential to revolutionize agricultural practices.
- They have identified a new bacteria strain capable of boosting plant growth and named it ‘Pantoea Tagorei’ in honor of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.