Today’s Current Affairs: 28th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra:
- As the nation celebrates the birth anniversary of the revered ‘adivasi’ icon, Birsa Munda on November 15, the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government is gearing up to launch its ambitious “Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra.”
Jai Bhim Mukhyamatri Pratibha Vikas Yojna Launched by Delhi Government:
- The Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi is inviting applications from eligible students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWS categories for free coaching under the “Jai Bhim Mukhyamatri Pratibha Vikas Yojna.”
Centre Launches Dark Patterns Buster Hackathon 2023:
- The Department of Consumer Affairs (DoCA) in India, in partnership with IIT-BHU, has launched the ‘Dark Patterns Buster Hackathon 2023.’
- This initiative aims to harness the collective power of hackers to develop cutting-edge solutions that protect consumers from the deceptive practices of dark patterns in e-commerce platforms.
Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri Inaugurates 16th Urban Mobility India Conference & Exhibition 2023:
- Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister, Hardeep Singh Puri, inaugurated the 16th Urban Mobility India Conference and Exhibition 2023, with the theme, “Integrated and Resilient Urban Transport”.
Republican Mike Johnson Elected New US House Speaker:
- Mike Johnson, a relatively lesser-known Republican from Louisiana, has taken the elected as the new speaker of the US House of Representatives.
24th Hornbill Festival 2023:
- Hornbill Festival 2023 will start on December 1 and conclude on December 10, promising ten days of cultural immersion and spectacle.
76th Shaurya Diwas:
- The Indian Army marked the 76th ‘Shaurya Diwas’ in Jammu and Kashmir, a day dedicated to commemorating a significant historical event, the landing of Indian forces in Kashmir on 27 October 1947
RPF Honors Memory Of Martyrs at National Police Memorial:
- The Railway Protection Force (RPF), a specialized security force responsible for protecting Indian Railways and its passengers, is organizing a day-long event on October 28, 2023, at the National Police Memorial (NPM) in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
SARAS Mela Inaugurated at Gurugram:
- Minister of State for Rural Development, Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution, Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti, inaugurated the SARAS Mela, which features the finest crafts created by rural Self-Help Group (SHG) women, in Gurugram.
- This initiative aims to uplift women in rural areas and enhance their economic well-being.
Kerala Becomes the First State to Have Hallmarking Centres in All Districts:
- Kerala has become the first state in India to have hallmarking centers in all of its 14 districts.
- This was achieved after the inauguration of a hallmarking center in Adimali, Idukki district, Kerala.
RCS-UDAN Scheme Successful Completes 6th Year in 2023:
- The Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) – UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik i.e. let the country’s common man fly) Scheme which focuses on improving unserved air routes in underserved regions of India, completes 6th year in 2023.
- The RCS-UDAN scheme was launched as part of the National Civil Aviation Policy (NCAP) 2016 by the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) on October 21, 2016, with a 10-year vision.
IAF Signs Contract with Indian Manufacturer for Procurement of Automatic Weather Stations
- The Indian Air Force(IAF)has signed a contract with an Indian manufacturer for the procurement of automatic weather stations at 82 IAF locations.
- This technology advancement will significantly improve aerospace safety by providing real-time weather updates throughout flight operations and training.
India-EU’s First Joint Naval Exercise:
- India and the European Union(EU) conducted their first joint naval exercise in the Gulf of Guinea on 24th October 2023. The exercise was designed to uphold the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
- The exercise took place after the third meeting of the EU-India Maritime Security Dialogue, which was held in Brussels on October 5
MobiKwik’s Zaakpay gets In-Principle Nod from RBI to Operate as Payment Aggregator:
- Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has granted in-principle authorization to MobiKwik’s payment gateway arm Zaakpay to operate as an online payment aggregator (PA).
- This will enable Zaakpay to onboard new merchants onto its platform for processing online payments and scale the number of merchants associated with the startup.
Bank Of Baroda Launches Bob LITE Savings Account:
- Bank of Baroda(BoB) launched a lifetime zero-balance savings account called the Bob LITE Savings Account as a part of “BOB Ke Sang Tyohaar Ki Umang” festive campaign.
- The Bob LITE Savings Account comes with a lifetime-free RuPay Platinum debit card (subject to maintaining a quarterly average balance)
Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar, Ruler of Johor, Elected as 17th King of Malaysia:
- His Royal Highness (HRH) Sultan Ibrahim ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar, the Ruler of the southern Malaysian state of Johor, was elected as the 17th King of Malaysia, also known as Yang di-Pertuan Agong (YDPA) XVII, for a term of 5 years, which will begin on 31st January 2024.
CCI Approves Rebalancing of Cross-shareholding Between Renault and Nissan:
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the re-balancing of the existing cross-shareholdings between Renault S.A. (Renault) and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. (Nissan)(Rebalancing).
- This also relates to the changes to the shareholding of 2 of their joint ventures(JV) Renault Nissan Automotive India Private Limited (RNAIPL) and Renault Nissan Technology & Business Centre India Private Limited (RNTBCI) in India.
Ex-RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan & Economist Rohit Lamba authored a new book “Breaking the Mould”:
- Raghuram Rajan, Former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), and Economist Rohit Lamba has authored a new book titled “Breaking the Mould: Reimagining India’s Economic Future”.
- The book, published by Penguin Business, an imprint of Penguin Random House India (PRHI), is set to be released in December 2023
International Dwarfism Awareness Day 2023:
- International Dwarfism Awareness Day, also known as World Dwarfism Day, is annually observed across the globe on 25th October to raise awareness about achondroplasia, a bone growth disorder that causes dwarfism due to a genetic mutation in the arms and legs.
- 25th October 2023 marks the observance of 12th International Dwarfism Awareness Day
77th Infantry Day :
- Infantry Day is annually observed across the nation on 27th October by Indian Army to commemorate the contributions of the Infantry, the largest fighting arm of the Indian Army.
- 27th October 2023 marks the observance of the 77th Infantry Day.