Daily Current Affairs: 2nd Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
RBI’s Swaminathan J chairs 28th Advisory Committee meet in Lucknow:
- The meeting highlighted the significant role of MSMEs in achieving developed economic status by 2047.
TRAI Consultation Paper on “Digital Transformation through 5G Ecosystem”:
- This paper aims to address policy challenges and establish an effective policy framework for the accelerated adoption.
Lt General Raghu Srinivasan As New BRO Chief:
- Lieutenant General Raghu Srinivasan assumed the role of the 28th Director General (DG) of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
Ganhi Jayanti 2023 Gandhi Jayanti, celebrated on October 2nd every year:
- It marks the 154th birth anniversary of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, fondly known as Mahatma Gandhi, Bapu or the Father of the Nation.
2023 Asian Games final day:
- Indian shooters continued their medal hunt at the 2023 Asian Games on the final day of the competition in Hangzhou, China Sunday. Prithviraj Tondaiman, Kynan Chenai and Zoravar Singh Sandhu added another gold medal to the tally by shooting the gold medal in the men’s trap event.
‘CRIIIO 4 GOOD’ Modules:
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Ministry of Education launched a new online, life skills learning module “CRIIIO 4 GOOD” to promote gender equity among girls and boys at the Narendra Modi Stadium, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
45th Session of World Heritage Committee:
- 45th session of the World Heritage Committee (WHC) took place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, concluding on September 25.
- This session witnessed the addition of 42 new sites to United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)’s World Heritage List, alongside other significant decisions.
UNCTAD’s Review of Maritime Transport 2023:
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)’s Review of Maritime Transport 2023 urged to take action and system-wide collaboration to decarbonize maritime transport.
- The report warns that the decarbonising shipping would cost over USD 100 billion per year as the emission continue to increase.
RBI issues New Prudential Regulations:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued the RBI (Prudential Regulations on Basel III Capital Framework, Exposure Norms, Significant Investments, Classification, Valuation and Operation of Investment Portfolio Norms and Resource Raising Norms for All India Financial Institutions) Directions, 2023 which will be applicable w.e.f. April 1, 2024.
Karnataka Bank launches Door Step Gold Loan Facility :
- Karnataka Bank Limited (KBL) introduced an innovative Door-Step Gold Loan service called “KBL-Swarna Bandhu” for its customers in collaboration with SahiBandhu.
Kantar BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands Report 2023:
- Kantar BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands Report 2023, conducted by Wire and Plastic Products (WPP) and Kantar, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) retained its top position as India’s most valuable brand for the second consecutive year with a brand value of USD 43 billion.
Gokul Subramaniam Appointed as Intel India President:
- Intel Corporation, a leading digital chipmaker based in the United States of America(USA), has appointed Gokul Subramaniam as the President of Intel India.
KN Madhusoodanan Appointed as Part-Time Chairman of Dhanlaxmi Bank:
- Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has approved the appointment of KN Madhusoodanan as the Part-Time Chairman of Thrissur (Kerala)-based Dhanlaxmi Bank for a period of 3 years with effect from September 26, 2023.
Iran’s IRGC Launched Military Imaging Satellite Nour 3 Into Orbit :
- Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) has successfully launched a third military imaging satellite Nour 3 from the Shahroud spaceport of Iran into the orbit.
International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste 2023-
- The day is co-convened by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the day’s global events are led jointly by the two organisations.
The 2023 theme of IDAFLW is, “Reducing food Loss and waste: Taking Action to Transform Food Systems”.