Daily Current Affairs: 30th Sep 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
RBI Imposed Monetary Penalties On Yet Another Three Co-operative Banks:
- These banks, namely Saraswat Co-operative Bank Limited, Bassein Catholic Co-operative Bank Ltd, and Rajkot Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd, were found to have deficiencies in regulatory compliance.
Crisil, a leading research and ratings agency, has provided a comprehensive overview of the projected trends in India’s bank credit growth for the fiscal year 2023-24 (FY24):
- Predicted Current Year’s GDP Growth: 6%
SIDBI to launch app-based ‘invoice financing’ loans platform:
- This was announced by SIDBI, Chief General Manager, Rahul Priyadarshi at a customer outreach program.
Federal Bank, a Private district lender, has started a savings bank merchandise for women.
- The savings proposal is named Mahila Mitra Plus:It gives a curated bunch of details intended to make Financial planning and bargains are simple for women.
Punjab National Bank (PNB) started the PNB Pride-CRMD module equipment, an android application for workers to effectively track the SMA (special mention account) borrowers:
- The PrideCRMD module has built-in TalkBack software enabling the visually deformed to enter the network quickly and discuss with clients through their phones.
FSSAI Introduces ‘Special Category’ to Promote Gender Equality in Food Biz:
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) introduced a new provision of ‘Special Category’ in the online Food Safety Compliance System (FoSCoS) portal to promote gender equality and equal opportunities for women and transgender entrepreneurs in the food business sector.
IBM Signed 8 MoUs with departments of MoE & MSDE to Scale Digital Skills Training in India:
- The signing of these MoUs were presided over by the Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, MoE and MSDE.
UNDP Launches Innovative e-Learning Programme on Sustainable Finance:
- This initiative, led by the Sustainable Finance Hub’s (SFH) Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Finance Academy, aims to share UNDP’s extensive knowledge on sustainable finance with global practitioners.
Kotak Mahindra AMC Partners With CBSE to launch Investor Education and Awareness Initiative:
- The initiative called “Seekho Paiso ki Bhasha” aims to promote financial literacy among CBSE teachers in affiliated schools nationwide by conducting a series of educational and awareness programs.
Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund launches India’s 1st Nifty 500 Exchange Traded Fund:
- Its New Fund Offer (NFO) is available for subscription until September 29, 2023.
Google Introduces Android Earthquake Alerts System in India:
- Google has introduced its Android Earthquake Alerts System in India in collaboration with the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and the National Centre for Seismology (NCS), and the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
World Rabies Day 2023- September 28:
- The day aims to advocate for rabies elimination globally. The 2023 theme of WRD is, “Rabies: All for 1, One Health for All“.
World Maritime Day 2023- September 28:
- The United Nations (UN)’s World Maritime Day (WMD) is annually observed on the last Thursday of September to recognize the contribution of the people who work in the maritime industry. The theme for World Maritime Day 2023 is ” MARPOL at 50 – Our commitment goes on”.
Global Innovation Index 2023:
- India retains 40th rank out of 132 economies in the Global Innovation Index 2023 rankings.
Dr M S Swaminathan passed away:
- MS Swaminathan (1925 to 2023) who passed away recently, played a crucial role in heralding the Green Revolution that helped India combat food insecurity.
Banmali Agarwal Appointed Chairman of Tata Advanced Systems:
- Banmali Agarwal has assumed the role of Chairman at TASL, succeeding Vijay Singh, who has retired. This move comes as part of Tata Group’s continued commitment to bolstering its presence in the aerospace and defense sector