Daily Current Affairs: 3rd Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Pakistan’s Inflation Soars to 31.4%: A Deep Dive into the Economic Crisis:
- Pakistan’s inflation rate surged to 31.4% year-on-year in September, driven by soaring fuel and energy prices.
- This alarming increase followed a high of 27.4% in August, highlighting the severe economic challenges faced by the nation.
The world’s Billionaires List:
- The world’s Billionaires List or Real-Time Billionaires list is an annual ranking of the world’s wealthiest billionaires based on their recorded net worth.
- It is produced and published by Forbes Magazine every March.
- As of August 2023, the world’s richest woman is Francoise Bettencourt Meyers with the estimated net worth of $90.4 billion, followed by Alice Walton, Julia Koch and Jacqueline Mars
Maldives Presidential Election:
- Mohamed Muizzu, the candidate from the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM), emerged victorious in the presidential polls after a runoff vote.
Richest Country in the World, List of Top 10:
- Currently, the United States holds the position of the richest country in the world, due to its highest GDP.
World Nature Day 2023:
- World Nature Day, established by the World Nature Organization (WNO) on October 3, 2010, serves as a crucial platform to raise awareness about the challenges our environment faces, particularly due to climate change.
DEA hikes interest rate :
- The Department of Economic Affairs (DEA-Budget Division), Ministry of Finance, has increased the interest rate on the 5-year recurring deposit scheme by 20 basis points to 6.7% from 6.5% for the 3rd quarter (October-December) of 2023-2024 i.e. Q3FY24.
- The rates of other small savings schemes remained unchanged.
India, Argentina sign Social Security Agreement for Professionals:
- On September 29, 2023, a Social Security Agreement (SSA) was signed between India and Argentina to ensure professionals and workers retain benefits and contributions made toward social security, promoting easier mobility between countries.
- SSA was signed by Dinesh Bhatia, India’s Ambassador to Argentina; and Santiago Cafiero, Argentina’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship in the presence of Raquel Kismer de Olmos, Argentine Minister of Labour, Employment and Social Security.
ADB Capital Management Reforms:
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced the approval of capital management reforms that are set to release approximately USD($)100 billion in fresh funding capacity over the next decades for financing projects in Asia-Pacific region.
- An estimated 155 million people, or 3.9% of the region’s population, lived in extreme poverty as per the report in 2022.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Nomination deadline:
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has announced an extension of the deadline for current demat account holders to select their nominees for an additional three months, now ending on December 31, 2023.
President of India Presents National Service Scheme Awards :
- President of India, Droupadi Murmu presented the National Service Scheme Awards for the year 2021-2022 at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The award was given to 52 persons to recognize their outstanding contributions towards voluntary community social services.
IFC Received RBI’s Approval for Acquiring 9.7% stake:
- International Finance Corporation(IFC) has received approval from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to acquire upto 9.7% of the paid-up share capital or voting rights of the in Federal Bank Limited .
- The approval has been granted by RBI with reference to the application made by IFC.
Air India Completes Acquisition of its 1st A350-900 Aircraft :
- Air India successfully acquired India’s first Airbus A350-900 aircraft by way of finance lease transaction with HSBC through AI Fleet Services Limited (AIFS), a 100% subsidiary of Air India, and a Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) International Financial Services Centre (IFSC)-registered finance company.
- Air India is the India’s first scheduled carrier to have acquired an aircraft from an entity registered in GIFT City.
IGMS 2.0 Public Grievance portal :
- The Union Minister of State (MoS) Dr Jitendra Singh, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, launched the Intelligent Grievance Monitoring System (IGMS) 2.0 Public Grievance portal and Automated Analysis in Tree Dashboard portal of the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
PM Modi Releases 4 Books:
- Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi released four Books revolving around the success of India’s Group 20 (G20) presidency at the G20 University Connect Finale programme held at Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi, Delhi.
- These 4 books are available on the G20 India website and on its application in ebook format.
International Translation Day 2023
- The United Nations (UN) International Translation Day (ITD) is annually observed across the globe on 30 September to recognise and honour the invaluable contributions of translators and language professionals, who facilitate communication between nations strengthening global peace, cooperation, understanding, and development.
- The 2023 theme of ITD is, “Translation unveils the many faces of humanity“.